Nowadays everyone needs Aadhar card. Aadhar card is 12 unique number individual identity; is used almost everywhere. Aadhar number will serve as your identity & address proof. In most of the cases, you must submit around 3,4 documents for identity, address, DOB proof, etc. But Aadhar will proof your all details & no need to provide other documents. So today I am going to write an article on which will help you to apply for Aadhar Card.
Aadhar Card Apply: Steps of Applying For Aadhar
- First of all, find your nearest enrolment centre.
- Once you have found your nearest centre, then you can book an appointment online by visit from here
- If your locality is not listed for online appointment or you do not want book an appointment online, then you can even visit the centre
- An appointment will save your lots time. Otherwise, there are no other benefits. So you can do or not as per your situation
- On the day of the appointment, you need to be present in advance of the time appointed at the centre
- The form is available on online, download and fills up it before going to the centre, or you also can get the form at the centre for free.
- After filling up the form, you have to enclose your identity proof, address proof and date of the birth document with the form.
- Now submit the form with your photocopy
- After that, you will have to do biometric process where fingerprints and iris scan are done
- Now check your provided details carefully and if any mistakes then make correction
- That’s it. But do not forget to collect the acknowledgement slip because it will have 14 digit enrolment number which helps to check application status. (Do not lose your acknowledgement slip till the time you do not receive original Aadhar card)
- After few days you will get a message or email with your registered number or email ID about the successful verification. After that, they will send your Aadhar Card via post.
Who is Eligible For Enrol?
- Any resident and non-resident (NRI)of India or any foreigners who are the resident of India is eligible for Aadhar card.
- Every individual of any age including children can apply for Aadhar number
- There is no biometric process for children below 3 years, that means no need to give fingerprint scan. In this case, children’s Aadhar will be linked with the parents or guardians. But after completing 5 years of age, the child has to give the biometric
- The children who will enrol for Aadhar card between 5 to 15 years have to give biometric again when he/she becomes 15 years age (It is compulsory).