Hello friends, Welcome to our blog AadhaarTalks. Today I am going to write our first blog post and hope you will like it. From now you will find here everything about the Aadhar Card. You can ask anything related to it and can clear your doubts. So In this article, I will write about what an Aadhaar Card is?
Aadhaar Card is an Individual Identification Card issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) on behalf of the Central Government of India to individuals for the purpose of establishing the unique identity and 12-digit universal number to each resident. The Aadhaar Card stores individual’s details in Government database which is done by the biometric process.
Some Important Things You Need To Know
- In anywhere in India, Your Aadhaar Card will serve as a proof of identity and address
- Aadhaar is for the purpose of establishing identities of any age including children
- In a family, each of the members should have Aadhaar because it is for individuals
- Anyone can apply or enrol to get the Aadhaar number if they have an interest in having it for himself/herself
- Each person will get one unique Aadhaar number; no other multiple ID numbers will be provided
- A child below 5 years of age gets a blue coloured Aadhaar called Baal Aadhar Card
- You do not need to be changed or renewed from time to time because Aadhaar number will valid for the lifetime
- A person does not have to pay any charge to get Aadhaar; it is free of cost
- You also can use the Aadhaar number while opening a bank account, booking e-tickets, applying for the passport and many other places where identity requires.