Aadhar Card Update: The importance of Aadhar is now increasing day by day. So you may have to face some problems because of its errors or misspellings. Linking PAN & Aadhar is mandatory for all resident most of now where both documents details will have to be same. If there is any mismatch like name, address, date of birth, gender will occur on both documents; then you will be unable to link. So you may need to make a correction or update Aadhar card.
There is another reason that you may have to go for Aadhar card update that is; if you have not used your card for three years continuously, then your aadhar will become inactive from UIDAI Enrollment centre’s Helpline & officials. So let’s discuss Aadhar card update or correction procedure.
Aadhar Card Update (Name, Address, Gender, Mobile Number, DOB)
Only those resident can update Aadhar online who have registered their mobile number with Aadhar card. Mobile number is mandatory because you will receive a password to log in. Otherwise, you will have to go for offline update or correction. Through this portal resident can update name, gender, address, date of birth, email ID & mobile number.
Aadhar Card Correction Required Documents
The resident has to upload a self-attested copy of relevant documents which they want to change. You can upload below-mentioned documents.
For Date Of Birth Update
- Voter ID, PAN card, Ration Card, Passport, DOB certificate
For Address Change
- Voter ID, Passport, Ration Card, Driving License, Electricity Bill
For Name, Surname Correction
- Passport, Driving License, Ration Card, PAN
Steps of Aadhar Update/ Correction Online
There are three steps available to update your Aadhar. These steps are very easy & you can choose any one among of them.
Step 1: Login with Aadhar
2: Data Update Request
3: Documents Upload
4: BPO Service Provider Selection
How to Update Aadhar Card Online?
- Visit here for Aadhar card update online
- Now enter your 12 digits unique aadhar number
- Enter the verification text carefully
- Now hit the send OTP button
- After that, you will see step 2 (data update request)
- Now click on that any of one which you want to correct & also check local language too
- Then go to step 3 where you have to upload relevant self-attested documents for aadhar card correction
- After your Aadhar update completion, go to BPO service available in your area
- Visit here to Check Status after correction.