If important documents are lost or misplaced; it can give a headache to anyone & nobody likes it. I am talking about the Aadhar card where has 12 digits unique identity number. The UIDAI has made possible to get a duplicate copy of Aadhar card; if you have misplaced or lost your original one. It is also known as an eAadhar card.
So you do not have to be panic & can download the duplicate copy via a simple procedure. Just you should have the Aadhar number or acknowledgement slip that was given during the time of registration. Let’s check how to get or download duplicate copy of aadhar card online & offline?
Who Can Apply for eAadhar Card & What are the Requirements?
Everyone can acquire the duplicate copy or eAadhar Card. There is no any restriction. Just make sure that you have the following conditions.
- You should have Aadhar number or acknowledgement slip enrollment number
- You must have the registered mobile number & email id
How to Get eAadhar Card Online?
- First of all, you need to visit here
- Now choose the appropriate option either Aadhar number (UID) or Enrolment number (EID)
- Enter the personal details full name, email & registered mobile number
- Type the security code as shown in the display & then click on send OTP button
- Now you will receive a one time password on your mobile number or email box
- There is a box on the right side corner, enter the OTP in that box & click verify button
- Now you will get a message with Aadhar number or Enrolment number on registered phone number as you selected first.
- To complete the final procedure visit here
- Select the appropriate option either Aadhar number (UID) or Enrolment number (EID); which you have selected in the first step
- Enter the UID/ EID, full name, pin code, image text & registered mobile number and then hit the Get OTP button
- Now you will receive an OTP & then enter it into the box
- Complete the process by clicking on validate & download button
- Finally, you have downloaded your eAadhar card. Now you have to enter your pin code as password while opening the PDF document
- Now you have to enter your pin code as password while opening the PDF document
- After that, you can print out your duplicate Aadhar card.
Retrieve Aadhar Card Offline
- Visit your nearest centre
- Tell them that you have lost your card
- After that, enrol your fingerprint once again on the biometric device
- That’s it. Now you will get your card if the biometric process has been successfully completed.