Supreme Court has stated that all the customer needs to re-verify their mobile number to avoid the disconnection. As per the DoT (Department of Telecommunication) ruling, the telecom has to re-verify their users via E-KYC. It is mandatory for all the prepaid & postpaid customers, and they have to link Aadhar Card with the mobile number before 6th February 2018. So In this article, I will discuss how to link Aadhar Card on existing & new mobile numbers?
Currently, Airtel & Idea has begun the re-verification process. Other Telcos such as Vodafone, Aircel, Bsnl, Jio, etc. will start soon.
Link Aadhar Card With Mobile Number
- Firstly, visit the nearest retailer, Existing customers has to ask them for fingerprint verification
- Which mobile number you want to verify tell that to them & Aadhar number also
- After that, A four-digit OTP code will show on your mobile, give them code number
- Now do the biometric authenticate process through the fingerprint scanner
- That’s it. Successfully done your re-verification process
- Now you have to complete the final step. On your registered number, a confirmation message will receive, type “Y” and send a reply (necessary)
- If you are purchasing new SIM, all essential details and address will be verified at that time via Aadhar authentication.
Update: Now Link Aadhar Using IVRS/ OTP Method
Frequently Asked Question
Is there any online process to link Aadhar with mobile number?
- No, You can not link through online as the fingerprint scanner does the process.
Is it compulsory to link to the phone number?
- Yes, it shall be binding for all the customers.
How much charge we have to pay for this service?
- No need to pay a single penny. It is free of cost.
What will do those users whose do not have Aadhar Card?
- The government provided lots of time to do this. So make your Aadhar Card and then link it to your mobile number.
What will do if I do not link before 6th February 2018?
- If you do not link your Aadhar number before 6th February, you won’t be able to use telecom service, because it is compulsory.
Can one operator add many numbers with one Aadhar?
- Yes, you can add maximum seven mobile number or connection of each operator (For example you can add 7 numbers of Vodafone, Aircel-7, Idea-7, Airtel-7, etc.)